Why choose RightChoice Hybrid Zoom classes?
A few reasons why the RightChoice Hybrid Zoom format might be YOUR right choice!
- Live, interactive instructor-led lesson review.
- Convenience – do the class from the comfort of your home!
- Video presentation of all 28 state-required skills, including unlimited 24/7 access for replay.
- Significant added value for your investment:
- Hard copy of course textbook INCLUDED!
- Scrub top INCLUDED!
- Cost of background check INCLUDED!
- RightChoice book bag INCLUDED!
What is required of me?
- To be eligible for course, you will be required to:
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Submit a negative two-step Tuberculosis skin test, chest x-ray, or blood test
- Pass a background check
- Be able to perform the duties of a nurse aide
- Complete course, including:
- Minimum of 32 hours of Zoom lecture, plus an additional minimum of 27 hours of self study with online materials and textbook
- Participate in at least 16 hours of clinicals
- Pass all course testing at 70% or better
- See FAQ section for further details
Note: You must have your TB test results turned into RightChoice in order to begin class. The TWO-STEP Tuberculin PD skin test takes a minimum of 12 days to complete. If you are unable to get the TB skin test, you may need a blood assay test or a chest x-ray to meet this requirement.
What do I pay?
Cost of the course is a total of $650. Details of costs:
- Registration Fee – $50
- Tuition (includes registration fee) – $455
- Textbook and class binder – $80
- Background Check – $25
- Scrub Top for Clinicals – $15
- Insurance – $25
Note that insurance provides liability protection for students as you perform skills in the clinical setting.
It is recommended, but not required, that you obtain a stethoscope and blood pressure kit for practicing key vitals skills. Affordable options can be found via Amazon at these links:
- Primacare DS-9181-BK Professional Blood Pressure Kit
- Dixie EMS Blood Pressure and Sprague Stethoscope Kit
Payment Plan Available!
Payment over time for the Hybrid Zoom Course may be beneficial to some students and we want to help! As a result, a payment plan may be available as follows
- $250 is due to allow background checks to be run and to allow the student to pick up materials before class begins
- $200 is due before end of the 5th day of class
- $200 balance is due on or before the first day of SimClins (Simulation Clinicals)
Starting July 1st, all new payment plans will follow this schedule:
- $50 is due with application and background check to hold a seat in class up to 7 days before class begins.
- $400 is due 7 days prior to the first day of class to confirm your seat in class and obtain your materials
- $200 is due 7 days prior to clinicals
NOTE: Once a student has paid for and scheduled their clinical session, no refund is available. Rescheduling clinical sessions is done at the discretion of RightChoice and is dependent on an open seat being available. There is a $50 fee to reschedule any clinical session.
If this payment schedule works better for you than an upfront payment, please contact us (phone, text, or email) to set up your payment plan
What do I get?
- 24/7 access to online classroom resources for period of 180 days
- 16 hours of required clinical experience
- Technical and curriculum-related support
- Scrub top
- RightChoice book bag
- Background check
- Student liability insurance
- Certificate of Completion upon fulfilling course requirements
How do I get my materials?
Contact us to make an appointment to pick up your textbook, scrub top, study guide, and book bag so that you are prepared for the first day of class. Click HERE for contact information.
How does the class work?
Both the Weekend and Weekday class consist of 8 days of lecture/self-study + 2 days of Simulation Clinicals.
From 9am-1:15pm on the first 8 days, one of our RN instructors holds interactive, lecture over Zoom. Full attendance, video, and audio are required from every student for the duration of the lectures. Additionally, each student must spend additional time outside lectures working on assignments.
Any Tuberculosis screening documentation must be turned in BEFORE day 9!
Days 9 & 10 are Simulation Clinicals, which last for 8 hours (starting time varies on the instructor) in our practice labs located in our office. Students must complete the full 16 hours in order to complete their training.
When do classes begin?
- Weekday classes start:
- Monday, July 12, 2021 – FULL
- Monday, August 9, 2021
- Monday, September 13, 2021
- Monday, October 11, 2021
- Weekend classes start:
- Currently on hold — Check back for more dates soon!
How do I get started?
Apply for course. Fill Out Student Application and Background Check Form.
Pay for course. When you submit your application you will receive an email with confirmation of receipt of your application. Next, click on Pay for Course button to the right. Follow instructions on the payment page.
Contact our office to make an appointment to pick up your textbook, scrub top, class materials binder, and book bag so that you are prepared for the first day of class. Click HERE for contact information.
Please read chapters 1 – 6 in your textbook prior to the first class. Look for email communications with instructions regarding link for Zoom class.