Why choose RightChoice Hybrid Zoom classes?
A few reasons why the RightChoice Hybrid Zoom format might be YOUR right choice!
- Live, interactive instructor-led lesson review.
- Convenience – do the class from the comfort of your home!
- Video presentation of all 28 state-required skills, including unlimited 24/7 access for replay.
- Significant added value for your investment:
- Hard copy of course textbook INCLUDED!
- Scrub top INCLUDED!
- Cost of background check INCLUDED!
- RightChoice book bag INCLUDED!
What is required of me?
- To be eligible for course, you will be required to:
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Submit a negative two-step Tuberculosis skin test, chest x-ray, or blood test
- Pass a background check
- Be able to perform the duties of a nurse aide
- Complete course, including:
- Minimum of 32 hours of Zoom lecture, plus an additional minimum of 27 hours of self study with online materials and textbook
- Participate in at least 16 hours of clinicals
- Pass all course testing at 70% or better
- See FAQ section for further details
Note: You must have your TB test results turned into RightChoice in order to begin class. The TWO-STEP Tuberculin PD skin test takes a minimum of 12 days to complete. If you are unable to get the TB skin test, you may need a blood assay test or a chest x-ray to meet this requirement.
What do I pay?
Cost of the course is a total of $650. Details of costs:
- Registration Fee – $50
- Tuition – $455
- Textbook and class binder – $80
- Background Check – $25
- Scrub Top for Clinicals – $15
- Insurance – $25
Note that insurance provides liability protection for students as you perform skills in the clinical setting.
It is recommended, but not required, that you obtain a stethoscope and blood pressure kit for practicing key vitals skills. Affordable options can be found via Amazon at these links:
- Primacare DS-9181-BK Professional Blood Pressure Kit
- Dixie EMS Blood Pressure and Sprague Stethoscope Kit
Payment Plan Available!
Payment over time for the Hybrid Zoom Course may be beneficial to some students and we want to help! As a result, a payment plan may be available as follows
- $50 is due with application and background check to hold a seat in class up to 7 days before class begins.
- $400 is due 7 days prior to the first day of class to confirm your seat in class and obtain your materials
- $200 is due 7 days prior to clinicals
If this payment schedule works better for you than an upfront payment, please contact us (phone, text, or email) to set up your payment plan
Refunds (less the $50 registration fee) will be available up to 7 days prior to the first day of the class. After that date, there will be no refunds. Students who are dismissed due to improper conduct, absences or who fail to achieve competency are not entitled to any refunds. Students who do not attend the minimum required number of hours due to absences or tardiness are not entitled to any refunds. Students who drop the class for personal reasons are not entitled to any refunds.
NOTE: Once a student has paid for and scheduled their clinical session, no refund is available. Rescheduling clinical sessions is done at the discretion of RightChoice and is dependent on an open seat being available. There is a $50 fee to reschedule any clinical session.
What do I get?
- 24/7 access to online classroom resources for period of 180 days
- 16 hours of required clinical experience
- Technical and curriculum-related support
- Scrub top
- RightChoice book bag
- Background check
- Student liability insurance
- Certificate of Completion upon fulfilling course requirements
How do I get my materials?
Contact us to make an appointment to pick up your textbook, scrub top, study guide, and book bag so that you are prepared for the first day of class. Click HERE for contact information.
How does the class work?
Weekday Hybrid Zoom classes consist of nine days of lecture/self-study + three 6-hour days of Simulation Clinicals.
Monday through Friday, from 9am-1:15pm, one of our RN instructors holds interactive lecture over Zoom. Additionally, each student must spend additional time outside lectures working on assignments.
Note: Student must be present with video and audio for the full duration of the lecture. Students must give their full attention to the lecture and not attempt to multi-task during the lectures.
Days 10, 11 & 12 are Simulation Clinicals, which last for 6 hours (9am-3pm all three days) in our practice labs located in our office. Students must complete the full 16 hours in order to complete their training.
When do classes begin?
- Weekday classes start:
- Monday, September 13, 2021
- Monday, October 18, 2021
- Weekend classes start:
- Currently on hold — Check back for more dates soon!
How do I get started?
Apply for course. Fill Out Student Application and Background Check Form.
Complete the Statement of Understanding Form. Use button to the right to access this online document.
Pay for course. When you submit your application you will receive an email with confirmation of receipt of your application. Next, click on Pay for Course button to the right. Follow instructions on the payment page.
Contact our office to make an appointment to pick up your textbook, scrub top, class materials binder, and book bag so that you are prepared for the first day of class. Click HERE for contact information.
Look for email communications with instructions regarding your Hybrid Zoom class. (Usually 7 days before class begins.)